Goals of the Euregio Science Fund
The goals of the Euregio Science Fund (EGTC) are as follows:
- To develop new ideas in various scientific areas of non-profit scientific research
- To reach out and establish and / or foster research networks between the 3 regions Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino
- To fund interregional research networks that necessarily involve all 3 regions Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino, present an overarching common goal and discuss a collaborative approach
- To foster interregional research networks in the main thematic fields of interregional cooperation
- To support project networks with a project volume of 250.000 Euro up to 500.000 Euro and a funding period of 24 up to 36 months
- To foster and increase international visibility of scientists and researchers from the European Region Tirol-South Tyrol-Trentino
- To give young scientists and researchers an opportunity to improve their knowledge, professional skills and integration into the scientific community
4th Call for Proposals
On 02nd June 2020, the EGTC’s Board of Directors and its Assembly decided upon the publication of the fourth call of the Euregio Science Fund. The Euregio Science Fund is implemented by the EGTC European Region Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino based upon the principles of fairness, transparency and equal treatment.
Having consulted the Scientific Expert Group, the EGTC’s Board of Directors shall decide upon the necessary directives for the implementation and settlement of payments for all fundable projects in the field of non-profit-oriented scientific research. Within the framework of the present call for proposals, a total of 3 million euros is available for the funding.
Funding is provided by the EGTC European Region Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino. Specific administrative tasks within this call are delegated to the Austrian Science Fund (FWF):
- Administration of the external scientific review of all project proposals provided
- The administration of all tasks associated to project parts funded based within the federal state of Tyrol, in particular funding contract, financial transfers, reporting and audition. The administration of project parts based within the Autonomous Province of Bolzano-South Tyrol or the Autonomous Province of Trento, in particular funding contract, financial transfers, reporting and audition, will be carried out by the EGTC itself or contracted out to one or institutional partner(s) by the EGTC.
You’ll find further information on http://www.europaregion.info/en/euregio-science-fund.asp