The main objectives of the project "Fit4Co" (Fit for Cooperation) are to strengthen cross-border integration and to anchor cross-border issues in regional thinking. Key long-term goal is to "mainstream" the cross border dimension into the working processes of public administrations throughout the regions of the historical Tyrol and beyond.
The European Groupings of Territorial Cooperation “Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino” and “Without Borders” (Senza Confini/Ohne Grenzen – composed of the regions of Venice, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Carinthia) clearly pursue the same objectives as INTERREG. It is the mission to anchor the idea of cooperation in people's minds and to enable them to look beyond their own horizons in a structured way.
The employees in the respective regions are to be made fit for cross-border cooperation with the aim of understanding the advantages and being able to apply the instruments themselves. Several tools will be developed for this purpose. On the one hand, the aim is to strengthen the knowledge and skills of public administrations relating to EU projects, on the other hand the objective is to overcome the language barrier through targeted language learning.
Target groups are public administrations in the area of two EGTC: "Europaregion Tirol-Südtirol-Trentino" and “Without Borders” (Carinthia, Autonomous Region Friuli Venezia Giulia, Venice Region):
- administrations of the regions, ‘Länder’ and autonomous provinces
- administrations of municipalities and cities
- administration of public bodies (universities, district communities, associations of municipalities, etc.)
- social partners
- possibly publicly owned companies with a supply mandate (hospitals, energy companies, etc.)
- possibly state administrations (police, etc.)
The results of "Fit4Co- Fit for cooperation" are a series of well-designed cooperation projects that are ready for implementation or submission within the framework of European, national or local programmes and strategies.
Lead partner: EGTC European Region Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino
Project partner: EGTC Senza Confini/Ohne Grenzen m.b.H.
- Mission report - activities of the Fit4Co delegation at the European Week of Cities and Regions (Brussels, 8-11 October 2018); an English summary is available here
- Good Practice Booklet, published by the EGTC platform of the European Committee of Regions (with successful examples of cross-border coopertion projects)
EVTZ "Europaregion Tirol-Südtirol-Trentino"
Project leader: Mag. Matthias Fink
Tel. (Italy): +39 0471 402026; (Austria): +43 512 508 2350)
Mobile phone: +43 676 88508 2350